- Many people will be able to connect by using the Windows built-in menus. To access the menus in Windows 11 go to the Start menu > Settings > Network & Internet
- Select Wi-Fi at the right.
- Make sure Wi-Fi is on
- Click Show available networks and select Eduroam from the list of wifi networks.
- Press Connect.
- You will be prompted for a username and password. Enter the full email address of your school.
- (Sometimes) If your computer has not yet encountered the certificate that encrypts the connection, it may show a Windows Security Alert warning that “The connection attempt could not be completed.”
- You can press a button to view Details.
- Press Connect to go on.
- Your school username and school password will be sent to your school for verification. If they work, your wifi will connect.
Some people may need to set up the connection manually:
- Open the list of wireless networks.
- Right click on any listed Eduroam networks and choose “Forget this network”. If it is not memorized, you will not have the menu, and can skip this.
- Open the Network and Sharing Center. You can reach it by going to Control Panel > Network and Internet > Network and Sharing Center,
- Click Set up a new connection or network.
- Click Manually connect to a wireless network.
- Click Next.
- Fill in the following information for the new network:
- Network Name: eduroam
- Security Type: WPA2-Enterprise
- Encryption Type: AES
- Click Next.
Result: The screen will say Successfully added Eduroam.
- On the following page, choose to Change connection settings.
- Click the Security tab. Network authentication method should be
Microsoft: Protected EAP (PEAP).
- Click Settings.
- Un-check the box labeled Automatically use my Windows logon….
Click OK on all boxes to close out and save the wireless settings.
- You should receive a notification asking for additional information. Click this notification anywhere to open the password dialog box.
- Users should enter their school account e-mail address. Click OK.
Note: If this process fails, please try to follow it one more time. Occasionally Windows wireless configuration utility loses the settings after the first setup.